Let us summarize the findings.
- RNA from snails is transferred to snails or to even populations of snail neurons in Petri dish!
- The effect involves epigenetic changes in DNA by methylation induced by RNA somehow. The reaction is to the serotonin informing for the stimulus. Avoidance behavior emerges as a response.
- How does RNA induce the epigenetic change? RNA should couple to a a specific part of DNA and induce the effect. A pairing of DNA with RNA in question occurring also in transcription suggests itself strongly.
- What in the RNA of the conditioned snail is different? RNA should somehow code for the conditioning induced by a painful sensory experience. RNA of sensory receptors should change somehow and communicate this change to DNA in brain by some mechanism. DNA-RNA pairing does not seem plausible. Could the pairing occur by some other means?
- TGD based model for emotions and communication of emotions suggests that the communication takes place in terms of what I call music of light (also sound might be involved). Music expresses and creates emotions. Emotional state, mood, is coded by harmony or disharmony for music of light.
12-note is fundamental for music and is represented as a closed self-non-intersecting path (Hamilton cycle) at icosahedron having 12 vertices. Icosahedron has 20 faces (triangles) and for given Hamilton cycle one can assign a 3-chord to each triangle. This gives 20-chord harmony (or disharmony). There is quite large number of 20-chord harmonies and those allowing Z6,Z4 and Z2 as symmetries is quite large. Besides this there 6 cycles with no symmetries and these could be identified as dis-harmonies.
- 20 is also the number of amino-acids so that it is not totally surprising that the model for bioharmony as a union of 3 different 20-chord harmonies plus 4-chord harmony assignable to tetrarhedron turns out to give a model of genetic code as 64 chord bioharmony. There are 64 basic 3-chords in one-one correspondence with DNA and RNA codons. tRNA corresponds to a union of 2 20-chord harmonies. Given amino-acid corresponds to the orbit of 3-chord under symmetries of the harmony so that number of 3-chords at the orbit is the number of DNAs coding for the amino-acid. These numbers come out correctly.
- There are two other representations of genetic code. The ordinary chemical representation and the representation in terms of dark proton sequences at magnetic flux tubes. The model for dark proton triplet predicts that its states divided to 64 analogs of DNA codons, 64 analogs of RNA codons, 40 analogs of tRNA codons, and 20 analogs of amino-acids. Genetic code comes out correctly also now by a natural pairing of dark proton triplets. One must couple these 3 representations of genetic code with themselves and with each other.
- There is indeed resonant coupling by 3-chords realized in terms of free frequencies of dark photons. The frequencies are rather low (E =heff× f, heff/h=n) but energies are same as for biophotons with energies in visible and UV range.
Also dark variants of DNA, etc couple with each other via dark photon resonance. Dark DNA,etc couple with ordinary DNA, etc.. by energy resonance to form double strands. This means that dark photon transforms to ordinary photon in the coupling. Amino-acid couples to single frequency, which is the sum of codon frequencies coding for it.
There is quite large number of 3-chord 3-harmonies defining DNA and RNA moods, and 3-chord 2-harmonies tRNA moods, and amino-acid 1-chord harmonies. There also 6 disharmonies with 20 chords each possible assignable to negative moods such as those generated by pain.
- Pain in sensory receptor is certainly involved. In TGD based model differs from neuroscience view in that for sensory experiences sensory receptors are seats of the sensory qualia and brain only forms cognitive representations about them and also entangles with sensory receptors to share the pain. Somehow pain must affect RNA in sensory receptors? How?
- In this framework the stimulus in nocireceptors would induce a disharmony expressed in terms of the disharmony associated with the expression of RNA in terms of 3-chords. The dark variant of RNA in pain receptors would entangle with the dark DNA in certain neurons in brain of the snail. Nerve pulse patterns from the nociceptors would generate also magnetic flux tube connections parallel to the sensory pathway in question and make possible the communication by dark biophoton triplets to brain possible. The dark variant of DNA in brain would have resonant coupling with ordinary DNA and induce the epigenetic change by methylation as a response to the negative mood with the mediary of biophotons. After this the organism would have avoidance behaviour towards the stimulus inducing the pain.
- The presence of mere RNA and associated dark RNA dis-harmonious mood would do the same for any neuron by the resonance mechanism. This would allow to transfer emotions even to snail neurons in Petri dish, not only those in living snails.
- This mechanism also allows to understand how the transfer of emotions conditioning induces epigenetic chance also in the germ cell DNA: this is not easy to understand in the standard framework requiring chemical communication through the germ cell membrane.
- The models for learning (memories restricted to conditionings) based on formation of synaptic contacts on one hand and involving RNA are seen as exclusive in standard neuroscience. In TGD framework the formation of synaptic contacts might rely at the fundamental level on the same epigenetic mechanism. Neuromodulators might induce the emotional states in RNA in turn doing the epigenetic editing.
In human brain the genomes differ in various neurons and epigenetic editing by the proposed mechanism might cause this. An interesting question is whether humans could edit their genomes intentionally. All conditionings are not useful and maybe it becomes someday possible to affect these conditionings at the level of dark DNA.
- Squid and octopus are known to be able to edit their mRNA (see this). Instead of DNA the mRNA produced in the transcription so that the translation produce different protein. The effect of emotional states of the dark variant of RNA associated with mRNA could be the mechanism involved.
- The strong emotional state of single individual induces very effectively the same emotional state in people around: consider only concert as an example. Could the "music of dark light" mediate the emotions from the dark RNA of individual - say artist - to people around. If so all art would be basically music of light!
See the article Emotions as sensory percepts about the state of magnetic body? or the chapter of "TGD based view about living matter and remote mental interactions" with the same title.
For a summary of earlier postings see Latest progress in TGD.