The emergence of a universe /sub-universe from nothing is prevented by he conservation law of energy in the standard ontology.
What about zero energy ontology (ZEO) behin TGD? In ZEO situation changes. The following assumptions are needed to avoid obvious contradictions with the existing views about time.
- Causal diamonds (CSa) define the 4-D perceptive fields of conscious entities.There seems to be hierarchy of CDs within CDs and CDs can overlap and define a kind of conscious atlas of perceptive fields in which chart pages as CDs form a fractal hierarchy. The notion of manifold would generalize to consciousness theory. The intersecting CDs would make possible selves having shared mental images.
- The perceptive fields defined by CDs increase in size during each life cycle with passive boundary and states at it being stationary and second boundary active. In BSFR the roles of active and passive boundary would change and CD would shrink in size as passive boundary would shift to future and CD would start to increase in an opposite time direction. CDS would also shift towards the geometric future inside a bigger CD.
- The center slice of a given CD - the largest one - would define the moment "Now" of a corresponding self and shifts towards the geometric future. The surprise is that also memories are mental images - smaller CDs - shift towards the geometric future of this slice. The roots of the polynomial defining CD would define special moments in the life of self as time slices at which SSFR could perhaps take place.
- What happens outside a given CD: do the space-time sheets representing incoming particles continue outside its so that there would be the analog of incoming particles and outgoing particles as in particle reactions. This would be suggested by the belief in objective 4-D reality. My recent view is that for given self having subselves having... there is the largest CD beyond which it does not continue.
After this sidetrack the question. Can realities - sub-universes represented by zero energy states inside CDs be created from nothing? Can CDs together with their contents pop up from nothing?
- ZEO would allow it but experimental physicists would shake his head: this is against the materialistic idea of single unchanging reality - and say something nasty about crazy theoreticians. My colleague William Shakespeare would have a different opinion but I am unable to put in englsh what he said about dreams as threads of the reality.
- One can however transform the ZEO based proposal into a milder form. Could dreams pop up from nothing and then can transform to realities?
p-Adic physics describes intentions and cognition and M^8-H duality suggest that one could have space-time sheets defined by polynomials with coefficients which are piecewise constant rationals defined as functions of the light-like radial coordinate of CD. They cannot correspond to a real space-time surfaces but could correspond to p-adic ones.
- Could these space-time surfaces inside corresponding CDs be created from nothing? Could they in turn transform to real space-time surface with p-adic pseudo constants becoming genuine constants. Either in SSFRs - ("small" state function reductions happening when nothing would happen in standard ontology (Zeno effect in repeated measurements) or more probably in BSFR ("big" or ordinary SFRs). The outcome would be a real space-time surface and its p-adic cognitive variants providing its cognitive correlates: cognitive representation would be the intersection of reality and p-adities consisting of points if imbedding space in the extension of rationals defining the adele. Dream would have transformed to a reality.
- Partial realization would select only a single pieces of piecewise continuous polynomial, that beginning from the tip of CD in the division of ligh-like radial coordinate axis to pieces. Hence only imagination instead of full realization.
Imagined percepts and motor actions as almost percepts and motor actions is one basic notion of TGD based quantum neuroscience. Could one learn something useful by regarding imagination as partial realizations of p-adic intentions and dreams?
For a summary of earlier postings see Latest progress in TGD.