In the following I try to concretize the ideas about monopole flux tube network as basic structure behind formation of astrophysical structures by discussing the supercluster Laniakea in this framework (the idea came from the question of Wes Johnson about how I understand Laniakea in TGD framework). There are two excellent videos about Laniakea (see this and this) .
Consider first the structure of Laniakea.
- Wikipedia contains a nice article about Laniakea (see this). Laniakea is a local supercluster containing also Milky Way so that it is own home supercluster. Local supercluster is defined as a basin of a local flow of galaxies directed to the center of the super-cluster.
There is a video giving view about the structure and dynamics of Laniakea is warmly recomommended (see this). Laniakea contains about 105 galaxies, decomposes to four smaller super-cluster like entities and contains about 500 galaxy clusters.
- The general picture supports the idea about fractal spaghetti formed by monopole flux tube or several of them. The presence of four smaller super-cluster type entities suggests quadrupole field as a rough starting point as one tries to gues the analog as field line topology. The first very naive guess is that the tangle defining the supercluster represents roughly the topology of quadrupole magnetic field in the first approximation: there would be pair of dipoles. One cannot of course fix the number of cosmic strings.
The simplest starting point hypothesis is that there is just single closed cosmic string forming a structure analogous to that of quadrupole magnetic field. Reconnection can split smaller closed cosmic string from a closed cosmic string and this could correspond to a decay of galaxy to smaller galaxies. Therefore single cosmic string is certainly an approximation.
Remark: Recall that cosmic strings are closed and one can have for instance helical structures. For instance, one could have two closed cosmic strings analogous to DNA double strands.
Remark: Also non-monopole flux tubes are involved and the proposal is that gravitational interactions are mediated along these flux tubes emanating radially from the source. The flux for them is vanishing and there is no current needed to create the field. These flux tubes are not topologically stable against splitting.
- Cosmic strings are assumed to form a fractal hierarchy and that in TGD inspired biology cosmic strings thicknened to monopole flux tubes are behind various linear biomolecules organized around them as ordinary matter. This leads to ask whether DNA double strand and the organization of DNA double strands to chromosomes might be more general phenomenon. Chromosomes consist of 4 strands, which allows to ask whether something similar happens even at the level of superclusters and that the topology of quadrupole field is involved.
Interestingly, also Milky Way consists of four arms assignable spiral density waves for ordinary matter so that it is not clear whether the arms can be assigned with four poles of quadrupole. Fermi spheres are a peculiarity Milky Way possibly possibly related to a quadrupole structure of monopole flux tube topology suggesting two cosmic strings meeting at the nucleus of galaxy. There is evidence that Milky Way could be seen as being formed in a kind of cosmic collision. I have asked whether this is due to a cosmic highway accident at crossroad at which two cosmic string are passby very near to each other is in question. This could make sense if tangle as a quadrupole corresponds to two dipoles.
- Wikipedia mentions that Laniakea is not gravitationally bound. Also this suggests that the galaxies associated with it are tangles of one or more cosmic strings. The dynamics would correspond to motion in gravitational field constrained to be along the cosmic string.
- The motion of galactic tangles and that of ordinary matter formed from it along cosmic string is free: this distinguishes TGD from halo model where one has spherical symmetry. This would mean rather lose binding but strong correlation produced by the cosmic string. Wikipedia says that most galaxy motions are directed inward towards Great Attractor: this would have explanation in terms of gravitational attraction. A good guess is that motion are along flux tube/cosmic string.